Relative Caregiver Program
The Tennessee Valley Region Relative Caregiver Program (RCP) is a partnership of the Southeast Tennessee Area Agency on Aging & Disability and State of Tennessee's Department of Children's Services. The program provides a "one-stop-shop" for relatives who are raising children related to them by blood, or marriage. It is designed to be a comprehensive system of information, referrals, and support services that will promote resource awareness and stability for families. RCP serves the counties of Bledsoe, Bradley, Hamilton, Marion, McMinn, Meigs, Polk, Rhea and Sequatchie.
The Relative Caregiver Program offers a variety of supportive services to help keep children with relatives and out of state custody. These services include:
- Case management/family advocacy (i.e. attend custody hearings, IEPs)
- Support groups and educational workshops for the Relative Caregivers
- Support groups for children and teens
- Recreational/limited respite services for children and relative caregivers
- Emergency one-time financial or start-up assistance.
For more information or to make a referral call: 1-866-735-8752